More than 25 bands and entertainers have been signed to provide the soundtrack for San Clemente’s signature summer event, The San Clemente Fiesta, which is scheduled for Sunday, August 11, 2019.
The annual celebration, which began in 1953, has evolved into a community block party. With downtown closed to traffic, Avenida Del Mar is filled with the music from three stages, the scent of a dozen delicious food booths, arts and crafts vendors, children’s rides, games, exhibits along with a couple thousand of your friends and neighbors.
This year’s “headline” bands include: Born on the Bayou by SouthBound and Company, Wigs and Ties, Groove Kitty 80’s, Kelly Rae Band, and A. Rae Band.
We’ll also hear No Pressure ?!, Adam’s Attic, Brother Joe’s Venom, The Arts Project of Orange County, Pier Pressure IV, Stink Inc., – COA Performer, OC British Invaders, The Renters, Underhanded, The Nigels, & Papermoon Gypsys and Sound 404.
Something for everyone
• Contests and events for all ages, including: Hula Hoop, Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches Sub-Eating Contest, Baskin Robbins Brain Freeze Ice Cream Eating, Jump Rope, The Tortilla Toss, Easter Egg Hunt, Costco Wholesale Diaper Derby, Rocket Fizz Soda Pop & Candy Shop Bubble Gum Blowing Contest and Stater Bros. Markets Pie Eating Contest.
• The Fiesta will also feature an arts & craft show. This exhibit showcases hand-crafted and unique merchandise from talented individual from Southern California.
• There are still booths available for the Members Only Business Exposition. The event is a great venue to market your business to a large audience. There is a nominal fee for the space and tables are provided. This exposition is limited to Chamber members only and there will be limited entrants, so sign up soon.
• There are many special activities for children of all ages, featuring: Jump Houses, Children’s Zone, Contests, Face Painters, Balloon Art and more. Clowns, Jugglers and Face Painters will mingle with the crowd.
• Motorcycle show will take place on the grass at the community center, enthusiasts will enjoy perusing the wide variety of motorcycles at this year’s Fiesta. Bikes from all over Southern California will compete in a myriad of categories.
• The other exhibits include United States Marines, the United States Army and the United States Navy will all be displaying vehicles and information. Other exhibits include: O.C. Sheriff’s Department Drug Education, Anaheim Ducks, San Diego Gas & Electric and others.
The San Clemente Chamber would like to thank the following sponsors: The City of San Clemente, San Diego Gas & Electric, The Toll Roads of Orange County, CR&R Environmental Services, Dragon Alliance, MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center, Rainbow Sandals, Rod’s Tree Service & Left Coast Brewing Company. Other community sponsors include: Best Western Casablanca Inn, Café Mimosa, South Coast Distributing, Baskin Robbins, Stater Bros. Markets, San Clemente Times, Rocket Fizz Soda Pop & Candy Shop, Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches, Costco Wholesale, San Clemente Journal & KWAVE, Universal Press, Wal-Mart #2527, Care Ambulance and the San Clemente High School.
There is no admission fee, and free shuttle service will be available from the San Clemente High School, 700 Avenida Pico. To San Clemente High School-Exit Avenida Pico, head East (inland) to 700 Ave. Pico. The shuttle will run from 9:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
Festivities begin at 9 am and will conclude at 7 pm.
Sorry….NO DOGS or STYROFOAM allowed at event, per City Ordinance.
Call the Chamber office for more details at 949-492-1131 or visit us at our website atwww.scchamber.com
This legal notice expires, and will be moved to the archive, on Thursday August 15th, 2019.